Defining the LDAP Data Collection
This section describes how to create the LDAP data collection.
About this task
To create your LDAP data collection, log into your Watson™ Explorer Engine administration tool and do the following:
Create a new search collection for your LDAP data.
This collection will be referred to as your LDAP data collection. To create it, do the following:
In the Watson Explorer Engine administration tool,
click the + sign next to Search
The New Search Collection page displays.
- Enter a name for your LDAP data collection in the Name field.
In the Copy defaults from field, you can use the default
setting, which is default, or optionally choose other default
collection values from the list of available options.
Note: This setting relates to what language your data contains. If your LDAP data is English only, the default value should be fine. If your data contains other languages, click the tooltip for more information about this setting.
- In the Description text box, optionally choose to describe your collection or leave blank.
You have created a new search collection for your LDAP data.
- In the Watson Explorer Engine administration tool, click the + sign next to Search collections.
Add the LDAP seed to your LDAP data collection.
The seed is the programmatic mechanism that enables the LDAP connector to access your LDAP data in the cloud. To add it, do the following:
- In the Configuration tab of your LDAP data collection, click Add a new seed.
Select LDAP from the scrollable list of available
connectors, and click add.
The Crawling Configuration page displays.
- In the Seeds section, enter your Host address of the LDAP server and specify an Authentication method.
Configure optional connector settings in the Seeds section
as appropriate for your crawl.
Click the tooltips for more information on any of the optional connector settings or see: Configuration Options Reference.
After configuring your connector seed settings, click OK or
You have configured your LDAP data collection seed.
Add the LDAP Converter to your LDAP data collection.
The converter transforms your LDAP data into a format that can be indexed by Watson Explorer Engine. To add it, do the following:
- Click Add a new converter. A scrollable list of available converters displays.
- Select LDAP Converter from the list of available converters.
- Click Add.
You have added the LDAP Converter.
You have created and configured your LDAP data collection. At this point, you can test and crawl your LDAP data collection by following the procedures described in Testing and Crawling Your Search Collection.