Creating A Crawling Account
About this task
The only prerequisite to running the OneDrive for Business crawl is to create a OneDrive user that is able to access all the sites and lists that need to be indexed and can list the permissions associated with them.
To create a OneDrive for Business user with access to the appropriate sites and lists:
In a web browser, navigate to the network's SharePoint Admin Center; the URL looks like:
- Select User Profiles from the left navigation panel.
- Select Manage User Profiles button.
- Search for the user profile in Find Profiles.
- Select the user's Account Name from the results.
- Click on Manage Site Collection Owners.
- Add the crawl user as the "Secondary Site Collection Administrator".
- Finally, to add the crawl user to all of the OneDrive for Business Site Collections within your organization, see the instructions in this MSDN post: Assign eDiscovery permissions to OneDrive for Business sites
OneDrive for Business is now configured to be crawled and indexed by Watson™ Explorer Engine.