Enabling Continuous Update Mode
When the FileNet P8 connector is configured to operate in Continuous Update mode, new, updated, and deleted FileNet data is continuously indexed. As a result, FileNet repository updates, document modifications, and other changes can be searched with Watson™ Explorer Engine or Watson Explorer Application Builder applications as quickly as possible. The Watson Explorer Engine crawler should never need to be manually stopped and restarted, unless Watson Explorer Engine is stopped and restarted for maintenance.
About this task
To enable Continuous Update mode, do the following:
- In the Watson Explorer Engine admin tool, navigate to the configuration tab of your FileNet search collection and click Edit .
- In the Continuous Update section, check the Run in continuous update mode check box.
- Optionally enter a value for the Update Interval, which is the amount of time between scans of your FileNet repositories for new, updated, and deleted information. The update interval is provided as an optimization mechanism to minimize resource consumption. The default period between updates is 5 minutes.
- Optionally enter a value for Content Update Priority. This value defines whether changes to content take priority over changes in security. The default value for this option is 10. A higher value here takes priority over a lower value in the Security Update Priority field (and vice versa). Use any number for the value as there is no value range.
Optionally enter a value for the Security Update Priority option, which allows
you to prioritize changes in security over content. The default value for this parameter
is 0. A higher value here and lower value in the Content Update Priority will
make changes in security a priority over changes in content. Use any number for the value
as there is no value range.
Note: We suggest that you prioritize changes in content over changes in security. In a scenario where security is prioritized over content, one recently added document would be enqueued behind documents affected by a change in group security permissions, which would prevent users from searching the updated documents until all security updates have been processed.
- Click OK/Apply to save the updated configuration information for the FileNet P8 Connector.
- Navigate to Search Collection - > Overview and click resume.