IBM Watson Curator overview
The ability of cognitive computing systems like IBM® Watson™ to provide accurate information quickly and with confidence depends on the collection and preparation of a large amount of trusted information. However, this requirement for relevant and reliable content with traceable provenance, available from a single system, is not typically met by most enterprise data.
Watson Curator is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that simplifies the process of building information collections. It enables you to locate, review, enhance, and track high-quality and highly relevant information for use by cognitive systems. In doing so, it reduces the work of identifying and managing the highest quality content by using a guided and repeatable process that makes subject matter experts more efficient and allows them to focus on what is most important.
- Simplifies the process of transforming raw data into high quality information collections that contain trusted, reliable, and current content
- Guides curation teams through a streamlined, repeatable process of finding, reviewing, classifying, and enhancing with metadata the most relevant and highest quality data
- Replaces time-consuming, labor-intensive manual processes with a single solution that combines best practices with technology to reduce the amount of time and effort that is needed to build and maintain information collections
- Provides transparency into the source of information and the chain of custody, enabling governance of information collections with full provenance to assist with inquiries and challenges to responses
- Provides a feedback mechanism that enables existing information collections to be updated and enhanced to further increase the quality of responses