Virtual hosts for web modules [Settings]
Each web application bundle (WAB) that is contained in a deployed asset must be mapped to a virtual host. WABs can be installed on the same virtual host, or dispersed among several virtual hosts.
You use a virtual host to associate a unique port with a web application. The aliases of a virtual host identify the port numbers defined for that virtual host. A port number specified in a virtual host alias is used in the URL that is used to access artifacts such as servlets and JavaServer Page (JSP) files in a web application. For example, the alias
myhost:8080 is the host_name:port_number portion of the URL
To check existing virtual hosts by using the administrative console, click .
default_host, which provides several port numbers through its aliases:
- An internal, insecure port used when no port number is specified
- An internal port
- An external, secure port
Unless you want to isolate your WAB from other WABs or resources on the same node,
default_host is a suitable virtual host. In addition to
default_host, WebSphere® Application Server provides
admin_host, which is the virtual host for the administrative console system application.
admin_host is on port 9060. Its secure port is 9043. Do not select
admin_host unless the WAB relates to system administration.
- Composite bundle identifier
- This identifier is displayed only if the EBA asset uses composite bundles. Each composite bundle is identified by a string in the following form:
Composite bundle archive (CBA)'composite.bundle.symbolic.name_composite.bundle.version'. Bundles that are part of a composite bundle are listed beneath the composite bundle identifier.
- Composite bundle symbolic name
- The non-localizable name for this composite bundle.
- Composite bundle version
- The version of this composite bundle.
The symbolic name, together with the version, uniquely identifies a composite bundle.
- Bundle symbolic name
- The non-localizable name for this bundle.
- Bundle version
- The version of this bundle.
The bundle symbolic name, together with the bundle version, uniquely identifies a bundle.
- Web module
- The human-readable name for this web module.
- Virtual host
- The name of the virtual host to which the web application bundle
is currently mapped.
To change a mapping, select a different virtual host from the list.