Installing Java Web Start
Learn about the steps that are necessary to install Java™ Web Start (JWS).. Java Web Start technology is provided by the Java SE runtime environment to deploy Java EE application clients (including Thin application clients) on the remote client machine with a single click from a web browser on the client machine.
Before you begin
Before you begin this task, see the Preparing the application client run time dependency component for Java Web Start topic to understand Java Web Start (JWS) technology and components.
About this task
Complete the following steps to install JWS:
- Install IBM Application Client for WebSphere Application Server.
- Change your directory to the javaws path.
- Run the update settings script from the path mentioned in the previous step.
- Run the updateSetting.sh script
- Change your path to the JWS installed path. For example, enter:
- Run javaws from the path mentioned in the previous step.
- Run ./javaws command.