Installing and uninstalling fix packs
You can use IBM® Installation Manager to update the product with the fix packs that are available for your service level of the product. Uninstalling fix packs to a previously installed level is called rolling back.
Before you begin
For the most current information about upgrades for WebSphere® Application Server and its associated software, see the IBM Software Support Center and Fix Central.
For a list of fix packs that are available for WebSphere Application Server and its associated software and for specific information about each fix pack, perform the following actions.
- Go to Fix Central.
- Select the Select product tab.
- Select WebSphere as the product group.
- Select WebSphere Application Server as the product.
- Select the version of the product to be updated.
- Select your operating system as the platform, and click Continue.
- Select Browse for fixes, and click Continue.
- Click More Information under each fix to view information about the fix.
About this task
When you install a fix pack, Installation Manager automatically reapplies any installed interim
fixes if they apply to the updated fix pack level. Interim fixes that do not apply, such as if the
updated fix pack contains the fix, are uninstalled. In some cases, Installation Manager must
uninstall an interim fix that you must manually reapply. For example, you might update to a fix pack
that does not contain the fix and requires an updated interim fix level. Installation Manager
notifies you if any interim fixes must be manually reapplied. You can verify which interim fixes are
installed by running the
versionInfo -ifixes command.