Performance Monitoring Infrastructure settings
Use this page to specify settings for performance monitoring, including enabling performance monitoring, selecting the Performance Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI) module and setting monitoring levels.
To view this administrative console page, click.
Enable Performance Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI)
Specifies whether the application server attempts to enable Performance Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI). If an application server is started when the PMI is disabled, you have to restart the server in order to enable it.
Use sequential counter updates
Specifies whether access to PMI counters (for example, updates to the counters) is sequential. There is some performance overhead associated with enabling sequential update. The default setting is false.
Persist my changes
Specifies whether changes to the runtime are also persisted for use on subsequent server startups, and not just the current server runtime. The default setting is false.
Selecting the Persist my changes option ensures that the counter settings are retained after you restart the server.
- Do not select this option until after you have made all of the changes that need to be persisted. After you select this option, click Apply and Save.
- This option does not remain selected. If you use the administrative console to make additional changes to the counter settings, and you want these changes retained when you restart the server, you must reselect this option.
Currently monitored statistic set
Specifies a pre-defined set of Performance Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI) statistics for all components in the server.
- All statistics are disabled.
- Provides basic monitoring for application server resources and applications. This includes Java EE components, HTTP session information, CPU usage information, and the topmost 36 statistics. This is the default setting.
- Provides extended monitoring, including the basic level of monitoring plus workload monitor, performance advisor, and Tivoli® resource models. Extended provides key statistics from frequently used WebSphere® Application Server components.
- Enables all statistics.
- Provides fine-grained control with the ability to enable and disable individual statistics.