Installing a Liberty feature to Liberty V8.5.5
When you develop a Liberty feature by using the WebSphere® Application Server Developer Tools, you need to create a Liberty feature project that packages the Liberty feature. You can use the workbench to install Liberty features to Liberty runtime environments and enable installed features using the server configuration editor. Changes to features already installed on Liberty can be pushed to all respective runtime environments using the Update Feature menu option in the workbench.
Before you begin
To install a Liberty feature to Liberty, complete the following steps:
- In the Enterprise Explorer view, right-click your Liberty feature project and select .
In the Feature install wizard and under Target
Runtimes, select the Liberty
runtime environment that you want to install your feature. Click
Tip: If the feature is already installed on Liberty, the Liberty entry is no longer an available option in the list of target runtimes. Instead, use the Update Features menu option (available when you right-click the Liberty feature project in the Enterprise Explorer view) to update any changes to a feature already installed on Liberty.
- Add the feature name to the list of configured features
in your server configuration (server.xml file):
In the Source tab of the Server Configuration editor, the server.xml file displays the newly added feature entry under the
- In the Servers view, expand your Liberty server, right-click the Server Configuration [server.xml] and select Open.
- In the Server Configuration editor, under the Configuration Structure, expand Server Configuration and select Feature Manager.
- Under the Feature Manager, select the Add button.
In the Add Features wizard, search and select your feature with the
usr:followed by the name of your Liberty feature project, for example,
usr:MyLibertyFeatureProject. Click OK.
<featureManager> <feature>usr:MyLibertyFeatureProject</feature> </featureManager>
/lib /features manifest files . . . OSGi bundle JAR files . . .