Running WebSphere Liberty on Microsoft Azure
You can run WebSphere® Liberty on Azure Red Hat® OpenShift® (ARO) or on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- WebSphere Liberty on ARO
- For the ARO offer, you get virtual networks, an ARO cluster, the OpenShift Container Registry (OCR), and the WebSphere Liberty operator. A secure OpenShift namespace is set up to contain your application. The offer can also deploy WebSphere Liberty container images. For more information, see IBM WebSphere Liberty and Open Liberty on Azure Red Hat OpenShift on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace website.
- WebSphere Liberty on AKS
- For the AKS offer, you get an Azure Container Registry (ACR) instance, an AKS cluster, and the WebSphere Liberty operator. The offer can also deploy WebSphere Liberty container images. For more information, see IBM WebSphere Liberty and Open Liberty on Azure Kubernetes Service on the Azure Marketplace website.
- Ensure that you have an active WebSphere entitlement.
To use WebSphere Liberty on ARO or AKS, you must have a valid license to use WebSphere Liberty. For a list of products that grant you entitlement to use WebSphere Liberty, see Viewing license information for WebSphere Liberty operator.
- Provision an offer.
- Select the offer in the portal. You must be licensed to run offers in Microsoft Azure.
- Click Create to start provisioning the offer, and then use the wizard to specify your choices.
What to do next
After initial provisioning, you can deploy your Liberty applications to your cluster.