Viewing change information and progress
Use the Release Impact Analysis view to see information about changes that are summarized by type, application, and initiative.
Changes must be available to view. For information about creating changes, see Creating changes. For information about importing changes from JIRA, see Integrating with Jira. For information about importing work items from IBM Rational® Team Concert™, see Integrating with Rational Team Concert. For more information about viewing change progress, see Reviewing changes in releases and initiatives.
The Release Impact Analysis view shows the progress of changes, including custom changes, which are associated with each application and initiative for a release.
- Click the navigation list arrow, click Releases & Deployments, and then click the Release tab.
- Select the release by clicking on the release name.
- Click the Impact Analysis tab.
The Release Impact Analysis view shows changes that are organized by application and initiative.
Note: Initiatives and applications with changes are shown even if they are not part of the selected release. Initiatives and applications without changes are not shown.
- The rows represent applications and the columns represent initiatives.
- The color-coded cells show the number of changes for that application and initiative.
- Cell colors show the overall status for the changes that a cell represents. Cell colors correspond to the Key. Cells with a larger percentage of accepted changes are greener than cells with a smaller percentage. Each color represents a range of percentages. The middle color, for example, represents a range of 45% - 55% acceptance.
With the features in the Release Impact Analysis view, you can narrow the amount of data and details that are displayed.
- To show only cells with a specific percentage of accepted
changes, hover the mouse over the status on the color scale. The following figure, for example, shows the mouse over the middle color in the scale, which represents cells with 45% - 55% of accepted changes. When the mouse is over the color scale, only cells with the selected status are highlighted; other color-coded statuses are not displayed.
- To see individual change counts, hover the mouse over a cell.The hover help shows the number of changes in the cell for each status. The statuses are the same ones that are available when changes are created or edited. In addition, the corresponding status color is identified on the color scale, as shown in the following figure.
- To see details about the changes that a cell represents, click
the cell.When you click a cell, a table that contains information about the changes is shown. In the following figure, the cell is identified by application and initiative, and the three changes are shown on separate rows. The displayed information is the same as the information that was defined when the changes were created or last edited.
- To show only certain types of changes, use the Filters box to select the change types to see.For example, the following figure shows the Release Impact Analysis view that is filtered to show bug-type changes. By default, all change types are selected.