Creating manual application tasks
A manual application task interrupts an application process until manual intervention is done. To create a manual task, add a manual step to an application process and select a notification template.
- Open an application process in the process editor.
- From the Utility Steps folder, add a Manual Application Task step to the process.
- In the Edit Properties window, specify
the following properties for the step:
- Specify a name for the step.
- Notification Template
- Specify the notification template to use. These templates refer to the notification scheme that is used by the application (see Creating Notifications in a Notification Scheme). If you select None, notifications are not created when the step runs.
- Only Allow Deploying User To Complete
- Restrict approval to the user who started the deployment.
- Optionally, add one or more properties to the task. You can use these properties later in the process just like output properties from other steps.
- Who can approve this task
- Any User
- Any user can approve the task.
- Role Member By Environment
- Specify an environment role that can approve the task.
- Role Member By Application
- Specify an application role that can approve the task.
- Click Save to save the properties for the step.
- Include the manual task in the process as with any other step.
- Save the process.
Note: Starting in version 7.2.1, you can view the name of the approver of a manual task under ManualTask/ApproverName on the properties page.