Enabling maintenance mode
Maintenance mode stops activity on the server so you can run important tasks that require the server to be idle.
When you enable maintenance mode, users can log in to the server as usual and perform some limited tasks. A message is displayed at the top indicating the start and and estimated end time of the maintenance activity. While the maintenenace mode is enabled, some of the tasks/actions are blocked and some are allowed. Below is a list of such tasks:
- Execution of new global, component, and
With additional permissions, you can allow users to execute new deployments while maintenance mode is enabled.
- Execution of processes triggered by the calendar, including recurring deployments.
- Execution of processes triggered by a repeating a process request.
- Approval or Rejection of any approval tasks.
- New version imports.
- Automatic version imports.
- Processes started upon completion of a version import.
- Auto Discovery.
- Auto Compare.
- Auto Configure.
- Processes which begun before maintenance mode are allowed to run to completion.
- Sub-processes kicked off by processes that begun before maintenance mode are allowed.
- Manual tasks that are part of a process can be responded to, and the process are allowed to continue.
- Make changes to the server, such as changing properties, creating elements such as applications and resources, and editing processes.
To enable maintenance mode:
- Click .
- Activate the Enable Maintenance Mode option in the General Settings field.
- Save the settings.
To schedule a full
system shutdown, select the start date and time
and end date and time for the scheduled full
This step takes the database offline during the dates selected for maintenance.Note: You require permissions to set up full system blackout. Go to , and enable the Create Maintenance Blackout option.
After maintainence mode is enabled:
- Make sure you do not restart the server until all processes have completed.
- You can disable maintenance mode by clearing the Enable Maintenance Mode option. You need appropriate permissions to manage maintenance mode.