You can create an application from scratch or import an existing one.
Display the Create Application dialog box , and enter the following information:
- Typically the Name and Description correspond to
the application you plan on deploying.Restriction: If you deploy this application to a cloud that uses virtual system patterns, the application name cannot contain asterisk (*), backslash (\), or forward slash (/) characters.
- To grant teams access to the application and set its security type, click the plus sign icon by Teams, select values from the Team and Type lists, and click Add.
- To create an application from a template, from the Application Template list, select the application template name. Then, from the Application Template Version list, select either the application template version number or to ensure that the application always meets the latest requirements of the template, Always Use Latest. See Creating applications from application templates.
- Notification Scheme. IBM UrbanCode Deploy includes integrations with LDAP and email servers that enable it to send out notifications that are based on events. For example, the default notification scheme sends out an email when an application deployment fails or succeeds. Notifications also play a role in approving deployments: IBM UrbanCode Deploy can be configured to send out an email to either a single individual or to a group or people (based on their security role) notifying them that they must approve a requested deployment. See Creating Notifications in a Notification Scheme.
- If you want the application to require that every component is versioned, click the Enforce Complete Snapshots check box.
- If you want the application to only deploy changed versions by default, click the Only Changed Versions Default check box.
- Typically the Name and Description correspond to the application you plan on deploying.
- Click Save.The new application opens.
- Add one or more components to the application:
- Within the application, click the Components tab, which is not to be confused with the global Components tab.
- Click Add Component.
- In the Add a Component window,
expand the Select a Component list and select
the check boxes next to one or more components, as shown in the following
- Click Save.