Compact agent changes: Summary
A new installation or upgrade establishes the following changes:
• Running a compact agent doesn't show any monitor process.
• Restarting or upgrading changes the worker process identifier (PID).
• The /monitor directory is removed.
• The JAVA_HOME variable is set to the content of the /conf/agent/javahome.conf file. The set_env setting is ignored.
• File changes in the agent installation directory are as follows:
|File or folder||Previous location||New location||Description|
|classpath.conf||/bin/classpath.conf||/conf/agent/classpath.conf||Content is unmodified.|
|worker-args.conf||/bin/worker-args.conf||/conf/agent/javaopts.conf||The javaopts.conf file contains a list of options for the Java executable file that runs the agent.|
|agent-upgrade||/agent-upgrade (or /bin/agent-upgrade||/var/upgrade/unpack|
The /conf/agent/javahome.conf file contains a single line that is the path to the Java installation that runs the agent.
The following list identifies Windows-specific changes after a new installation or upgrade:
• The /bin/agent.cmd and /native/<cpu>/winservice.exe files replace the /bin/agent.exe file.
• The process removes the /bin/run_agent.cmd, /bin/start_agent.cmd, /bin/stop_agent.cmd files.
• If you run the agent as a service, restarting it restarts the entire service. Therefore, changes to the system environment are reflected in the agent's environment.
• The agent service configuration is no longer stored in the registry. Environment variables are defined in the /bin/set_env.cmd file and reflected in the agent's environment. This means that the service mode and agent run or agent start are more consistent.
• The process does not migrate the custom environment variables that are defined in previous service registry entries.
• Some side-effects of scripting in the set_env.cmd file might no longer apply. Changes to the environment are explicitly detected and saved. Other script continues to run and side-effects affects the entire system. For example, modifications to the file system still apply to the agent.
• The following files are replaced by the /var/log/stdout log file:
/var/log/stdout_XXXXXXXX.log /var/log/stderr_XXXXXXXX.log /var/log/service_XXXXXXXX.log
Note that the previous files are not removed but new files are not created.
• The service name cannot be customized. The service name is generated from a hash of the agent installation path and is unique to each installation on a computer.