Resource groups organize resources into logical groupings.
Open the Resource Tree page.
In addition to the Resource Tree page, resources can be displayed in several ways, such as by adding resources to an environment.
Perform one of the following steps:
The Create Resource dialog box is displayed.
To create a top-level group, click Create Top-Level Group.
The top-level groups are ordered alphabetically.
- To create a resource group beneath an existing resource, display the Action menu for the resource, and then use the Add Group command.
- To create a top-level group, click Create Top-Level Group.
- Enter a name and an optional description.
To specify criteria that are used to automatically populate the resource, select the
Include Agents Automatically check box.
Note: To automatically include agents, you must be a member of either the agent's team or the system team, such as the admin user. You must specify the team that will access the group, and that group must have access to the agent that you describe. You cannot assign the system team to the group. Existing agents matching the criteria are automatically included upon saving. The default interval for including new agents matching the criteria is every 5 minutes.Select Name or Property, and then select a filter criterion from the list. The available criteria are listed:
If any agent-type resource in the filtered group satisfies the condition, it is preserved, otherwise it is removed. If agents that satisfy the condition exist, but they are not in the group, agent-type resources are created and added to the group.
- Doesn't Equal
- Doesn't Contain
- Matches Regex (match a regular expression)
If you added the group beneath an existing resource, perform one of the following steps:
If you want the team that manages the resource's parent to manage this resource, select the
Inherit Teams From Parent check box.
The Inherit Teams From Parent check box is selected by default.
If you do not want the parent team to manage this resource, clear the Inherit Teams
From Parent check box.
You can add a team by using the Teams action, then selecting a team.
- If you want the team that manages the resource's parent to manage this resource, select the Inherit Teams From Parent check box.
- Optional: If you added the resource below an agent, agent pool, or a component, the option to define default user impersonation credentials is available. See Defining default user impersonation credentials for information about setting impersonation credentials.
- Save your work.