Upgrading agent relays in silent mode
You can upgrade agents relays by specifying the installation properties in a text file.
- Ensure that the computer on which you are installing the agent relay has a supported
version of the Java™ Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK).
For more information, see System Requirements for IBM® UrbanCode™ Deploy.Important: Beginning in version 7.0.2, the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server and agent relays require a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) version 11.
If the target computer has an IBM JRE or Java developer kit, update to a supported version of the IBM JRE or Java developer kit.
- Set the PATH variable to contain the location of the JRE or JDK that you are using.
- Ensure that the firewall on the computer allows connection to the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server through HTTP/HTTPS.
- Install the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server.
- Ensure that you have an authentication token for the relay. If you intend to use the
component version replication option, the token must be assigned to a user with the server
Read Artifact Set List. For information about tokens, see Setting server configuration security.
- Set up an account on the computer for the agent relay to use.
- Make sure that your networks and firewalls allow communication on the required ports. See Firewall and communication configuration.
- Ensure that there is no limit on the maximum memory size and virtual memory size.
For example, on most Linux™ systems, you can run the
ulimit -vcommands and ensure that both return the value
unlimited. To find out how to remove the limit on the maximum memory size and virtual memory size, see the documentation for the operating system.
Download and extract the agent relay installer to the computer on which you want to
install the agent relay:
- To download the installer from the server, click Help , located in the upper-right corner of the page, and then click Tools. Then, click IBM UrbanCode Deploy Agent Relay and download and extract the file.
- To find the installer on the server with the command line, go to the following location and copy the file to the target system: installation_folder/opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/tools/agent-relay.zip
Create or update the agent relay installation properties file.
For more information see Installing agent relays in silent mode. When you add the below property to the new agent relay properties file, the installer picks up the properties from the existing agent relay properties file:
- Stop the agent relay.
Run the installation file with the install-silent.cmd command on Windows™ or the
./install-silent.sh command on Linux. Provide the properties file as a command-line argument.
For example, on Windows, if the properties file is named installrelay.properties, type the following command:
install-silent.cmd installrelay.propertiesOn Linux, if the properties file is named installrelay.properties, type the following command:
./install-silent.sh installrelay.propertiesTo install a FIPS-compliant agent relay, add the
-fipsparameter, as in the following example:
./install-silent.sh installrelay.properties -fips
Restart the agent relay.
During the upgrade, log4j.properties or log4j2.properties overrides the existing configuration to default values.Example:
On log4j2.xml file,
<DefaultRolloverStrategy max="2" fileIndex="min"/>
(where, 2 is the default value)
On log4j.properties file,
(where, 2 is the default value)