The way you run a process is different for each type of process.
- Component processes
- You cannot run a component process directly. Instead, you add one or more component processes to an application process and then run the application process.
- Application processes
- To run an application process, you must have an application environment. Click Applications, click the application, and then next to the environment, click Request Process . Then, specify the application process and the versions of the components to use. For more information, see Running application processes.
- Generic processes
- To run a generic process, click Processes, and then
click the generic process. On the Dashboard tab for the process, specify a
resource (in most cases, an agent) in the Resource list, and then click
Submit.Tip: You can set a default resource for generic processes:
- Click the generic process to open it.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Click Basic Settings.
- In the Default Resource field, specify the default resource to run the process on. In most cases, specify an agent.
- Click Save.
Each time you request a process, the server keeps a log of information about the process and the individual logs from each step. To download these logs, open the process request and click Download All Logs.