Modeling environments for clouds that use virtual system patterns
To model environments for clouds that use virtual system patterns (VSPs), on the server, import a virtual system pattern as a resource template and then create a blueprint that is based on the resource template.
- Connect to a cloud that uses VSPs. See Connecting to clouds through IBM UrbanCode Deploy. The following clouds that use
VSPs are supported by the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server:
- IBM Cloud Orchestrator version 2.4 or later
- IBM SmartCloud® Orchestrator versions 2.2 and 2.3
- IBM PureApplication® System version 1.0 or later
- IBM Workload Deployer version 18.104.22.168 or later
- Create an application.Restriction: The names of IBM UrbanCode Deploy elements, such as environments, applications, and resource templates, that you use with a VSP cannot contain asterisk (*), backslash (\), or forward slash (/) characters.
This method applies only to clouds that use VSPs. To model environments on clouds through OpenStack Heat, see Modeling environments for clouds through OpenStack Heat.
- Create VSPs on the target cloud.
- Import the VSPs as resource templates.
- Create blueprints for the environments.