Creating application blueprints
To create an application blueprint, map the components of the application to a resource template.
Note: To create blueprints for cloud systems, see Modeling cloud environments with the blueprint designer.
- Click Applications, click your application, and then click Blueprints.
- Click Create Blueprint.
- Specify a name for the blueprint and select the resource template.
- Click Save.The new blueprint opens, showing the contents of the template, including the agent prototypes.
Map the components of the application to the agent prototypes:
Note: If you create an environment from this blueprint and then add component mappings to the blueprint, the component mappings are also added to the environment. However, if you remove component mappings from the blueprint, the component mappings are not removed from the environment.
- Hover the mouse over an agent prototype and then click .
- In the window that opens, select a component, specify its information, and click Save.
Repeat this process to add the application components to the agent prototypes.
Depending on how your application is organized, you can add the same component to multiple agent prototypes or multiple components to the same agent prototype.