Upgrading agent relays from the command line
When you upgrade the server, be sure to always upgrade agents and agent relays.
The CodeStation request port is configured automatically on the system where the agent relay is located. The CodeStation port number is one greater than the number assigned for HTTP communication. By default, the HTTP port is 20080. If you use the default value for the HTTP port, the CodeStation request port would be numbered 20081.
If the CodeStation request port is blocked, agents cannot download artifacts. If you upgrade from versions before 6.1, ensure that the port is not blocked by the firewall or other processes on the agent relay system.
- Users might notice that some agent relays are no longer listed in the user interface even though they were able to view relays before the upgrade. The new version includes updated security controls. The agent relays are still available to the users. However, System Team administrators can assign agent relays to teams and set the View Agent Relays permission for roles so that appropriate users can see the agent relays in the user interface.
- Users can install and use agent relays. However, the relays are not listed in the user interface for the user until a System Team administrator assigns the agent relay to teams and sets the View Agent Relays permission.
Upgrade the agent relays as follows:
Download and extract the agent relay installer to the computer on which you want to
install the agent relay:
- To download the installer from the server, click Help , located in the upper-right corner of the page, and then click Tools. Then, click IBM UrbanCode Deploy Agent Relay and download and extract the file.
- To find the installer on the server with the command line, go to the following location and copy the file to the target system: installation_folder/opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/tools/agent-relay.zip
- Stop the agent relay.
- If the system that hosts the agent relay is using a version of Java prior to version 8, upgrade to a JRE of version 8 or later.
From the agent relay installer folder, run install.sh (Linux) or
- Enter the home directory for the JRE/JDK that the relay should use.
- Specify the directory in which Java is installed. Press Y to accept the location set in the JAVA_HOME parameter.
- Enter the directory to install the agent relay into.
- Enter the current directory that the relay is installed in. The default value is
/opt/ibm/agentrelayon Linux™ and
C:\Program Files\IBM\agentrelayon Windows™.
- The specified directory appears to contain an existing installation. Do you want to upgrade it?
- Enable the agent relay to verify the server HTTPS certificate? If enabled, you must import the server certificate to the JRE keystore on the agent relay.
- Specify whether to verify the server HTTPS certificate.
- Web communication is a new and more scalable replacement for JMS. Contact your UCD administrator to determine if your server is ready to use Web communication. A Web relay will not support connections from agents using the legacy JMS mode. This Agent Relay is currently set to use JMS. Should this agent relay be changed from JMS to web communication? [y/N] >
- Change JMS relays to Web while upgrading agent relays. If you select
y, make sure that the agents connected with the relay are Web agents.
To start the agent relay, go to the installation folder for the relay and run the