- In conjunction with a number of different component processes that do not fit well into a component template
- When you want to run processes that directly affect IBM® UrbanCode® Deploy agents that are unrelated to component, such as changing the agent configuration
Like component processes, generic processes consist of plug-in steps. Generic processes are created in the same way that component processes are created: steps are placed and configured in the process design editor. All plug-ins can be used, but some might be of little or no use outside a deployment. See Processes.
To run a generic process, click Processes, and then click the generic process. On the Dashboard tab for the process, specify a resource (in most cases, an agent) in the Resource list, and then click Submit.
Generic processes can also be run from within component processes.
Starting in IBM UrbanCode Deploy 7.0.3 generic processes can run against multiple resources at the same time. These resources can be selected at run time or in the process designer as part of the process flow.
- Click the generic process to open it.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Click Basic Settings.
- In the Default Resource field, specify the default resource to run the process on. In most cases, specify an agent.
- Click Save.