Modeling environments for OpenStack and OpenStack-based clouds
To model an OpenStack environment, log in with an OpenStack cloud project and use resources from your cloud system in a blueprint.
- Login to the Blueprint Designer.
- For Heat blueprints only:
- Connect the blueprint design server to a cloud system. See Connecting to clouds through the blueprint designer
- Make sure that your user account is authenticated to a cloud system. See Setting up access to clouds in the blueprint designer.
- Connect the blueprint design server to the server. See Connecting the blueprint design server to the server.
- At the top of the page, select the cloud project and region to use.
Create the blueprint.
See Creating files.
- Add resources from the palette to the blueprint, such as virtual images.
In the blueprint source code, in the
metadataproperty for the resource, specify any virtual image metadata.You provide the metadata as a series of name-value pairs.For example, to specify the tags
database_type: mysql, the code looks like the following example:
metadata: cluster: blue database_type: mysql
- Optional: Create a configuration file and externalize properties to the file.
Add the components of your application to the blueprint. See Deploying components with blueprints.