Provisioning environments from the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server (through OpenStack Heat)
You can create application environments in the IBM® UrbanCode® Deploy server by using blueprints from the blueprint designer.
- Connect the blueprint design server to the server. See Connecting the blueprint design server to the server.
- Make sure the Default Orchestration Service is defined on your cloud project on the Blueprint Designer before provisioning any environment. See Creating cloud projects for the blueprint designer.
- Create a blueprint and configuration file, and ensure that these files are
appropriate for the target cloud system:
- Modeling environments for SoftLayer
- Modeling environments for Amazon Web Services
- Modeling environments for VMware vCenter
- Modeling environments for VMware vRealize Automation
- Modeling environments for OpenStack and OpenStack-based clouds
- Modeling environments for Microsoft Azure.
- Modeling environments for Google Cloud Platform
- Add components from IBM UrbanCode Deploy to the blueprint; see Deploying components with blueprints.
- You can create an environment from the blueprint. In this case, the blueprint creates the environment and runs the application process on the new environment.
- You can run the application process on an existing environment. In this case, the blueprint behaves like an application process.
On the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server, click Applications, select an application, and then click
Create New Environment.
The Create New Environment window opens.
- Give the environment a name.
In the Blueprint field, select the blueprint.
Note: Blueprints with a cloud icon are OpenStack Heat blueprints and are managed on the blueprint designer. Blueprints without a cloud icon are managed through the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server.
Specify the rest of the information that is needed to create a new environment, such as the
cloud project and region to use, and then click Next.
For more information, see Creating environments.
In the Blueprint Version field, specify the version of the blueprint to
The default version for all blueprints is
- Optional: In the Configuration field, specify the configuration file to use.
- Optional: If you selected a configuration file, in the Configuration Version field, specify the version of that file to use.
Customize the property values for the blueprint.
For example, in most cases, specify the zone for the environment in the availability_zone field.
For some clouds, click Image Parameters and then specify the flavor for the environment images in the Flavor field. If the list of flavors does not contain the flavors that you expect, make sure that you registered the flavors with the cloud discovery service. See Configuring SoftLayer image flavors or Configuring VMware vCenter image flavors.
In most cases, you select an SSH key by name in the Key Name field under Image Parameters. However, for VMware clouds, paste the contents of the SSH public key in this field.
- Click Create.