Cleaning up deployment history files
- the deployments are associated with active inventory of any type, such as deployed component version, resource, resource config, and environment properties.
- the server is in an HA cluster and one of the instances is actively running a deployment history clean up job.
To enable or disable deployment history cleanup and specify other settings, an administrator completes these steps:
- In IBM UrbanCode Deploy, click the Settings tab, and then in the System column, click System Settings.
- Scroll to the Deployment History Cleanup area.
- Set Enable Deployment History Cleanup to On.
- In Daily Cleanup Start Time, select the hour to start the daily cleanup process.
- In Daily Cleanup Duration (hours), specify the number of hours for the cleanup process to run.
- In Days to Retain Deployment History, specify the default number of days to keep the deployment history before the cleanup process removes the history.
|Enable Deployment History Cleanup switch in System Settings (administrator's setting)||Use Deployment History Cleanup check box in environment settings||Result|
|On||Selected||Cleanup starts as specified for deployments that are associated with this environment.|
|On||Cleared||Cleanup does not start for deployments that are associated for this environment.|
|Off||Selected||Cleanup does not start for deployments that are associated with this environment.|
- In IBM UrbanCode Deploy, click the main Applications tab, and create an application or select a listed application.
- Click Create Environment or click the Change icon for a selected application environment.
- Complete the fields and make selections, and then select Use Deployment History Cleanup.
- Do one of these steps:
- Select Use Default Deployment History Retention to keep deployment history details for the number of days that the administrator specified.
- In Days to Retain Deployment History, specify the number of days to keep deployment history details.
- Enable Deployment History Cleanup (System Settings:): On
- Daily Cleanup Start Time (System Settings): 9:00 PM
- Daily Cleanup Duration (hours) (System Settings): 3
- Days to Retain Deployment History (environment settings):
- Use Deployment History Cleanup (environment settings): selected
- Use Default Deployment History Retention (environment settings): selected
At 9:00 PM on 14 December 2016, the deployment history begins to run for 3 hours. During the 3 hours, all records of the deployment that are 15 days old or older are deleted, including records of component processes that are run and step logs from the processes. Three hours might be insufficient to delete all records that meet the cleanup criteria. In that case, cleanup resumes operations the next day as scheduled. If you need to clear more disk space, increase the cleanup duration.