Migrating Agents to Web
Agent Configuration Templates allow you to migrate JMS agents on a server to Web agents with the ability to revert back to the original JMS configuration. This allows you to specify connection details for groups of agents.
About this task
Agent Configuration Templates
Before you can migrate an agent from JMS to Web an Agent Configuration Template will need to be assigned to the agent or agents.
- Click Resources >Agent Configuration Templates.
- Click on Create Agent Configuration Template on the right side of the page.
- Give the template a name and description in the designated boxes.
- Add teams that you want to give access.
- Enter the URLs of the servers or relays where you would like agents to connect.
- Click Save.
- Click on the template name and click Add Agents to apply agents to the specific template.
An Agent Configuration Template will need to be assigned to an agent before its type can be changed from JMS to Web.
- Click Resources >Agents.
- Select the agents that you want to convert.
- Click bulk Actions menu.
- From the Actions drop down dialog you can select Migrate to
Web or Revert to JMS. Note: Agents can only be reverted to JMS if they were originally JMS.
If an agent is currently on a template there will be an icon next to Type on the Agents page. Clicking that icon will also prompt for agent migration.
A confirmation message will appear when the migration was successfully started on all agents.
The connection setting on newly migrated agents will be taken from the Agent Configuration Template that the agents belong to.
When migrating to web mode, the agents will perform a connection test that must pass for the migration to succeed. You can configure the threshold for the test to pass by providing an integer greater than one that specifies how many of the possible connection paths that have been configured.