Rational Team Concert Build
The Rational Team Concert™ Build system defines resources that are used to describe and manage builds.
The Rational Team Concert Build system in IBM® Rational® Team Concert™ defines the following types of logical resources that are used to describe and manage builds:
- Build definition
- A build definition describes:
- The workspace to process.
- The Ant scripts and targets to run against the workspace.
- The schedule for the build.
- The properties to simplify the configuration of the build.
- The build engines that can handle build requests for the build definition.
- Build engine
- A build engine represents a Build System Toolkit Jazz™ Build Engine running on a designated build computer. A Jazz Build Engine running on a build computer correlates itself to a build engine in Rational Team Concert by specifying the unique identifier of the build engine.
- Build request
- A build request represents a scheduled or explicitly issued request to run a build according to a specified build definition. Build definitions are submitted to a build queue. A Jazz Build Engine receives and processes the build request if its corresponding build engine in Rational Team Concert is listed as a supporting build engine for the build definition.
- Build result
- A build result represents the output of a build.