IBM IMS Administration Foundation for z/OS
The IBM® IMS Administration Foundation for z/OS® is a component of IBM IMS Tools Base for z/OS. IMS Administration Foundation provides the foundation for managing IMS. It provides several of the basic features and functions for IMS system administrators and IMS database administrators.
- Simplify your administrative tasks by using an IMS command processor and a SQL processor.
- Drill down IMSplex components and IMS online resources to see their status and find their relations, or issue IMS commands.
- Search the entire sysplex to retrieve information on IMS DBD, PSB, DBRC-defined groups, and IMS online resources and their relationships.
- Viewing IMS Tools utility reports for databases, HALDB partitions, and DEDB areas.
- Visualizing the database segment structure and segment relationships defined in DBDs and PSBs.
- Detecting threshold exceptions for some selected database space statistics and reviewing those exceptions, history, and the trend of statistics associated with the exceptions.
- Detecting if a database reorganization or an image copy is needed based on the pre-defined criteria.