Performing the safety inspection procedure
Before you service the unit, complete the following safety inspection procedure.
- Stop all activities between the host and the library’s tape drives.
- Turn off the power to the library by pushing in the Power button on the front of the tape library for 4 seconds.
- Unplug the library’s power cord from the electrical outlet and the library’s power supply unit.
- Check the library’s power cords for damage, such as a pinched, cut, or frayed cord.
- If drives are FC/SAS attached, check the tape drive's FC/SAS cable for damage.
- Check the top and bottom covers of the library for sharp edges, damage, or alterations that expose its internal parts.
- Check the top and bottom covers of the library for proper fit. They must be in place and secure.
- Check the product label at the rear of the library to make sure that it matches the voltage at your outlet.