Inserting a tape cartridge
Several steps for inserting a tape cartridge.
About this task
To insert a tape cartridge:
- Ensure that the drive is powered-on.
- Ensure that the write-protect switch on the tape cartridge is properly set (see Write-Protect switch).
- Grasp the cartridge so that the write-protect switch faces you (see 1 in Figure 1).
- Slide the cartridge into the tape load compartment.
- If the cartridge is already in an ejected position and you want to reinsert it, remove the cartridge, then insert it again.
- If the cartridge is already loaded and you cycle the power (turn it off, then on), the tape reloads.
- Do not attempt to load a cartridge when the drive is in Maintenance mode until the drive requests it.