Half height drive: Tape broken in mid-tape
- With the front of the drive facing you, pull an arm's length
of tape out of the takeup reel. From the takeup reel, thread tape
around the rear of the tape path and over the head rollers on the
left side of the drive. Note: If there is less than approximately 5 cm (2 in.) of tape on the takeup reel, go to Half height drive: Tape pulled from or broken near leader pin.
- From the supply reel inside the cartridge, pull approximately 0.3 m (1 ft.) of tape.
- Ensure that the tape is not twisted. Untwist the tape if required
- Moisten a cotton swab with water, and wet approximately 13 mm (0.5 in.) of the tape end. Overlap the tape ends, loosely mending them together.
- Set the drive on its left side with the head and tape path facing up
- Turn the supply reel ( 4 ) clockwise,
carefully guiding the mended portion of the tape to wind around the
hub of the supply reel that is located inside the cartridge. Continue
spooling into the cartridge until the tape is taut. The tape must
remain within the flanges of the tape guiding rollers. Turn the supply
reel ( 4 ) 10 more turns. Ensure that you
do not stretch the tape.
1 Loader motor worm gear 3 Takeup reel motor 2 Outer guide rail (WARNING: Do Not Touch) 4 Supply reel motor
- Go to Ending procedure.