Full height drive: Tape pulled from or broken near leader pin
About this task
|1||Loader motor worm gear||6||Threader mechanism gear|
|2||Cartridge loader tray guide bearing||7||Lever|
|3||Rotator stub||8||Loader mechanism gear|
|4||Threader motor worm gear|
|5||Threader intermediate gear|
- From the left side of the drive, pull out tape from the
take up reel. Note: If there is more than approximately 0.6 m (2 ft.) of tape on the take up reel, go to Full height drive: Tape broken in mid-tape.
- If there is less than approximately 0.6 m (2 ft.) of tape on the take up reel, cut off the excess tape as close to the leader pin, as possible.
- Locate the threader motor worm gear ( 4 ) the rear of the drive. Use your finger to rotate the threader motor worm gear and slowly rotate the threader mechanism gear ( 6 ) clockwise. This action rotates the threader motor worm gear ( 4 ) clockwise, drawing the tape leader block assembly (LBA) into the cartridge.
- As the LBA is secured in the cartridge, you hear the LBA
retention spring clips click into place. If you do not hear the click,
continue rolling until the threader motor worm gear ( 4 )
stops. The LBA is in the correct position. Note: Be sure to keep tension on the tape as the LBA is drawn into the cartridge by using a hex wrench as shown in Figure 1.
- Notice the following mechanisms:
- Loader mechanism gear ( 8 ) nearest the front of the drive that actuates the cartridge loader mechanism
- Position of the rotator stub ( 3 ).
- Front loader motor worm gear ( 1 ). Rotating this gear allows the loader mechanism gear ( 8 ) to turn.
- Rotate the loader motor worm gear ( 1 ) to turn the loader mechanism gear ( 6 ) counterclockwise. Continue turning until the rotator stub ( 3 ) loses contact with the lever ( 7 ). This action releases the LBA leader pin.
- Rotate the threader motor worm gear ( 4 )
to turn the threader mechanism gear ( 6 )
counterclockwise. This action moves the LBA out of the cartridge and
past the read/write head. Stop this rotation when the LBA is near
the tape guide roller nearest the rear of the drive ( 1 ).
- Continue rotating the loader motor worm gear ( 1 ) until the rotate stub ( 3 ) is positioned as shown. Notice that the rotator stub ( 3 ) is nearly aligned with the cartridge loader tray guide bearing ( 2 ).
- Remove the cartridge from the cartridge loader tray.
- Go to Ending procedure.