Full height drive: Tape broken in mid-tape
- With the front of the drive facing you, pull an arm's length
of tape out of the take up reel from the left side of the drive.
Note: If there is less than approximately 5 cm (2 in.) of tape on the take up reel, go to Full height drive: Tape pulled from or broken near leader pin.
- From the supply reel inside the cartridge, pull approximately 0.3 m (1 ft.) of tape.
- From the take up reel, thread tape around the rear of the tape path and over the head rollers on the left side of the drive.
- Moisten a cotton swab with water, and wet approximately 13 mm (0.5 in.) of the tape end. Overlap the tape ends, loosely mending them together.
- Set the drive on its left side with the head and tape path facing up.
- From the bottom of the drive, locate the access hole ( 1 in Figure 1) in the bottom cover. Insert a 2.5 mm offset
hex wrench through the bottom cover access hole and into the reel
motor axle. Begin spooling tape back into the cartridge by turning
the hex wrench clockwise.
- Turn the supply reel clockwise, carefully guiding the mended portion of the tape to wind around the hub of the supply reel that is located inside the cartridge. Continue spooling into the cartridge until the tape is taut. The tape must remain within the flanges of the tape guiding rollers. Ensure that you do not stretch the tape.
- Go to Ending procedure.