For information on obtaining the latest version of device drivers and the latest documentation, refer to Accessing documentation and software online.
Before the installation starts, verify the following items:
- The tape device is properly functioning, properly attached to the server, and is powered up.
- You logged on to the server on an account that has root authority.
- You have a command shell window open on the server to run the installation procedure.
- Make sure that the current path is defined in the command shell
PATH variable. This definition can be accomplished in the Korn shell
by using the following command:
- If the tape device was configured previously by another device driver (not Atape), remove any existing device definitions for it. The following command is an example: rmdev -l ost1 -d
Enter the following command to list the currently installed Atape.driver version:
lslpp -l Atape.driver
Enter the following command to install the Atape driver in the current directory. For example
This command installs and commits the Atape driver on the system.
installp -acXd Atape.x.x.x.x Atape.driver