Installing a tabletop module
Installation of a one module library (Base Module only) can be completed without special hardware.
Before you begin
When unpacking a tabletop module, confirm that you received the following components:
- Base Module
- Power cord (IBM FC: 9800-9848 are not a part of the shipment unless ordered. For more information see, Optional features.)
- Feet kit
This procedure is meant to help the user in installing table feet to the module.
About this task
Important: Do not add feet to a rack-mounted module.
- Remove the Base Module from the box.
- Put the packing foam which came with the shipment on the table.
- Place the module top side down over the packing foam on the table.
- Add feet to the base of the module. See Figure 1. Attention: Ensure that the table feet does not cover any air holes at the base of the module.
- Place the module at the required location, with top side up. Ensure that it is level.
- Open the cover and remove the foam packing from inside the enclosure. See Removing inner foam from base module.
- Replace the cover.
- Plug in the power cord and the connecting cables.