Initial configuration and customization
After the initial setup is completed by using the Operator Panel, an administrator can log on to the Management GUI to complete the library configuration with the Initial Configuration Wizard.
Upon the first login with the user role administrator and password adm001, you must change your password. Your new password must have these characteristics:
- 8 characters long
- At least one lowercase alphabet character
- At least one uppercase alphabet character
- At least one numeric character
- No more than two consecutive characters
The Initial Configuration Wizard guides you through basic configuration settings.
The library has many features to customize it for your organization. Go to Locating Management functions to customize your library with these features.
- Enabling or disabling the I/O station.
- Naming the library with the Manage Logical Library function.
- Creating or managing Logical Libraries. See Library sharing for more information.
- Selecting Random or Sequential Mode. See Random and Sequential Logical Library modes for more information.
- Enabling and configuring SNMP network management.
- Setting up email event notification.
- Setting up encryption.
- Configuring the date and time.
- Enabling or disabling Library Auto Clean. See Methods of cleaning drives.