Read and Write Tests
When you select the Read and Write Tests command :
- You are prompted for block size (If you press Enter,
the default block size is 10240 bytes).Note: If the block size is zero, variable mode is used. With a fixed block size, a data amount of (block size * blocks) is transferred with a single operation. This process can get rejected if the total amount exceeds the transfer size the system can handle.
- You are prompted for the number of blocks per read/write (If you press Enter, the default number of blocks is 20).
- You are prompted for the number of repetitions (If you press Enter, the default number of repetitions is 1).
You can then select one of the following options:
- Read data from tape (to run Read only test)
- Write data to tape (to run Write-only test)
- Write/Read/Verify (to run Read and Write test)
ITDT runs the selected test. Then, it displays the transfer size and block size that is used for this test, the number of records read/written, and the total bytes transferred.