Ensuring proper packaging
When you ship or store data cartridges, ensure that they are packed securely.
About this task
- When a cartridge is shipped, use the original or better packaging.
- Always ship or store a cartridge in a jewel case.
- Use only a recommended shipping container that securely holds the cartridge in its jewel case during transportation. Ultrium Turtlecases (by Perm-A-Store) are tested and found to be satisfactory (see Figure 1). They are available at http://www.turtlecase.com.
- Never ship a cartridge in a commercial shipping envelope. Always place it in a box or package.
- If you ship the cartridge in a cardboard box or a box of a sturdy
material, ensure that you
- Place the cartridge in polyethylene plastic wrap or bags to protect it from dust, moisture, and other contaminants.
- Pack the cartridge snugly; do not allow it to move around.
- Double-box the cartridge (place it inside a box, then place that box inside the shipping box) and add padding between the two boxes (see Figure 2).