Installing a secondary storage server using the installation wizard
Follow these steps to install a secondary storage server using the installation wizard. A secondary storage server is an optional part of a streaming server deployment.
If you are installing the TADDM server on a supported Microsoft Windows Server, you must temporarily turn off User Account Control (UAC) before starting the installation process. You must restart the system each time you modify this option. For more information on Windows Server 2012 see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13953.windows-server-2012-deactivating-uac.aspx.
The primary storage server must be installed before you can install a secondary storage server. Do not start the secondary storage server unless the server is the same version as the primary storage server. All TADDM servers in a streaming server deployment must have the same version and release.
The primary storage server must resolve the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for each secondary storage server and discovery server. You can configure the host name resolution order for your system to use DNS resolution. Alternatively, you can edit the /etc/hosts file in the primary storage server. Include the IP address and host name for each discovered secondary storage server and discovery server to this file.
To install a secondary storage server using the installation wizard:
- Insert the TADDM Disc 1 installation DVD for your supported operating system into the DVD drive. If you downloaded TADDM in the zip format, the zip files number 1 and 2 are the equivalent of Disc 1.
At a command prompt, go to the DVD drive, or to the directory where you saved the zip files,
and run the appropriate command for your operating system:
Restriction: When you run the TADDM installation wizard setupWin.bat on Windows operating systems, select the Run as administrator option. Otherwise, the installation will fail.Note: If an error message is displayed that there is insufficient disk space in the temp directory, run the installation again and specify a different temp directory. Use the option -t temp (for example,
- For AIX® operating systems, setupAix.bin
- For Linux® operating systems, setupLinux.bin
- For Linux on System z® operating systems, setupZLinux.bin
- For Windows operating systems, setupWin.bat
setupLinux.bin -t /mytempdir).
- Select the language to use for your installation. Click OK.
- On the Introduction page, click Next.
- Read and accept the terms of the software license agreement and click Next.
- Specify the location where you want to install the server.
Make sure that the path you specify contains only ASCII characters, and does not contain any spaces. Non-ASCII characters or spaces in the path can cause installation problems and problems starting the server.
After you specify the server location, click Next.
Specify the user
ID you want to use to run the server.
- On Windows operating systems, the user must belong to the Administrators group. If the user does not exist or is not part of the Administrators group, select the check box to create the user or add the user to the Administrators group. The user ID must be a local user account.
- On Linux and UNIX operating systems, the user ID you specify must be non-root.
After you specify the server location, click Next.
- On the IBM® Tivoli
Application Dependency Discovery Manager Deployment Option page, select Streaming
server deployment. Click Next.
- When prompted for the type of server you want to install, select Secondary Storage Server.
- On the General network connection settings page, specify the required settings. Click Next.
- On the Public ports on server page, specify the required port information. Click Next.
- On the Inter-server communication ports page, specify the required port information. Click Next.
- On the Additional Server Information page, specify the
Note: If the version you are installing is not the same version as the primary storage server, clear the Start the server after installation check box.Click Next.
- Server startup options.
- Specify the host name and port information for the primary
storage server. Also specify the primary storage server user ID and password (specify the user account you use to log in to the Discovery Management Console). The default user ID is
administrator, and the default password is
collation.Note: The primary storage server must be already installed and running.
- Review the pre-installation summary. After you verify that the information is correct, click Next to start the installation process.
- When prompted, insert TADDM Disc 3 into the DVD drive. Specify the image directory. If you downloaded the zip files, specify the path to the zip file number 5. Click Next.
- After the installation finishes, click Done to close the installation wizard.
On a supported Microsoft Windows Server, remember to turn User Account Control (UAC) on after you have finished the installation, and to restart your system. For more information on Windows Server 2012 see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13953.windows-server-2012-deactivating-uac.aspx.