Creating user groups
When the file-based registry is used for user management, you can create a new user group.
To create a user group, complete the following steps:
- Start the Data Management Portal.
- Click .The User Groups pane is displayed.
- Click Create Group. The Create Group pane is displayed.
- In the Create Group pane, select the users for your user group.
- Assign roles to the new user group. For each role that you assign, perform the following steps:
- Select the check box for that role.
- Specify the scope of the role by selecting one or more access collections.
- Click OK. The user group is added. The list of user groups is displayed again, with the new user group included in the list.