IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale cache sensor
The IBM® WebSphere® eXtreme Scale cache sensor discovers IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale caches and some of their components.
- The name of the cache
- A list of nodes on which the cache resides
- The name of the node
- The host name of the node
- The contents of the main configuration file
- The contents of the orb.properties configuration file for the JVM that runs this node and version of this JVM
- The contents of .xml, .sh, .props, and .properties files that are in the same directory as main configuration file
Sensor name that is used in the GUI and logs
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale must be running on the target computers.
The path to the configuration file, specified by the -objectgridfile parameter, must be absolute.
- Get the complete list of processes, including Java™ virtual machine (JVM) processes, running on the target system.
- Read the configuration file specified by the -objectgridfile parameter, typically objectGrid.xml.
- Read any XML files, script files or properties files in the same directory as the configuration file specified by the -objectgridfile parameter, if this information is to be captured.
- Run the JVM that runs the eXtreme Scale node with the -version parameter, to get runtime environment version information.
- Read the orb.properties configuration file, which is in the lib directory of the JVM.
- Only those eXtreme Scale nodes that are using separate JVMs as containers for eXtreme Scale caches are discovered. Caches that use special web applications as containers for eXtreme Scale nodes are not discovered.
- JVMs that provide catalog services for eXtreme Scale nodes are not discovered.
- If more than one JVM process is started with the same node name and the same copy of the configuration file specified by the -objectgridfile parameter, the sensor does not recognize that they are separate nodes, and the nodes are merged.
- The sensor looks for configuration files only in the same directory
as the configuration file specified by the -objectgridfile parameter,
and its subdirectories. Only files with one of the following extensions
- The sensor does not parse the configuration files, but captures the entire contents of each file.
- When checking the -objectgridfile parameter, the sensor ignores case.