Publishing the model using IBM Cognos Framework Manager
If you want to add objects to the TADDM data model (model.xml file), you must edit the file, and then import it using IBM® Cognos® 10 Framework Manager.
The following procedure applies to IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager. However, it is the same for IBM Cognos 8 Framework Manager.
To import the data model using IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager, complete the following steps:
- Start IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager.
- Create a new project.
- When prompted to do so, enter credentials for the Tivoli® Common Reporting server.
You might be prompted to enter these credentials more than once.
- Close the IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager.
- Copy the following file from the TADDM server to the Cognos Framework project folder:
Overwrite the existing model.xml file in the Cognos Framework project folder.
- Start IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager and open the project you created earlier.
- In the Project Viewer pane, click .
- If you are using a DB2® database with a different name than the one that is defined in the Cognos database source, replace the contents of the Schema field with the DB2 instance name used for the TADDM database.
- Save the project.
- In the Project Viewer pane, click Packages.
- Right-click the package name and select Publish Packages. Verifying and publishing the TADDM Cognos model might take several minutes.