Creating a custom query
You can create a custom query, or you can make a copy of an existing query, change the properties, as necessary, and save it as a new custom query.
When creating a custom query, you must specify a component type. The Component Type lists objects found by TADDM discoveries. If no TADDM discoveries have taken place, no component information is available, and so, you cannot create a custom query.
When you select a component type, the default attributes for that component type are displayed. You can change the set of default attributes for a component.
To create a custom query, complete the following steps in the Data Management Portal:
- In the Functions pane, click .The Custom Query pane is displayed.
- Do one of the following:
- Click New. The New Query tab is displayed.
- In the Saved Queries tab, select the custom query you want to copy and click Copy. The Edit Query tab is displayed.
- In the Name field, type the name of the custom query.
- From the Component Type list, select
a component type. Note: If you are copying an existing custom query, you cannot change the component type of the new custom query.The default attributes for that component type are displayed.
- Select Match all criteria or Match any criteria to specify a logical AND or logical OR for multiple comparison criteria.
- Specify criteria to match one or more of the displayed
attributes. The displayed attributes depend on type of component for
which you are creating a custom query. For each criterion you want
to specify, complete the following steps:
Note: The "not equals" and "!=" criteria do not match null values. They match any non-null attribute value that does not equal the provided one. The attribute value cannot contain a
- Select a criterion type. The criterion types available depend on the attribute type.
- In the attribute value field, specify a criterion value.
As you type an attribute value for a string attribute, a list of suggestions
might be presented. If you select a suggestion from the list, that
value is placed into the attribute value field. Attribute value suggestions are displayed where the inputted text forms any part of the name of a configuration item discovered by TADDM. This field is not case-sensitive.
“(quotation mark) or
'(apostrophe) character, for example
- To run the custom query before saving it, click Run
Query. Running the query gives you the opportunity to examine the results and ensure that the query performs as expected before saving it.
- To save the custom query, click Save.