Creating a bidirectional profile
Bidirectional language support is provided for Arabic and Hebrew languages.
If you need to configure BiDi for sensors or for the Bulk Load program, you should create a Bidirectional profile. You use the BiDi profile to do the following things:
- Assign a name for each specific BiDi format. The following list
includes the attributes you can select for each profile:
- Text type
- Symmetric swapping
- Numerical shaping
- Reuse the BiDi Profile in several configurations; sensor configuration and bulk load program configurations.
- You can select different BiDi attributes and any change to these attributes is reflected in the sensor configuration or the bulk load program.
To create a bidi profile, complete the following steps:
- Log in with a user ID that gives you update permission.
- On the menu bar, click .
- To add a new bidirectional profile configuration, click Add.
- In the Bidi Profile pane, complete
the following fields:
- Enter a profile name. The profile name can contain spaces and supports NLS characters.
- Optional: Enter a brief description for this profile.
- Select the BiDi attributes from the drop down lists.
Use the following table to help with your selections:
Table 1. BiDi attributes Parameter Values Description Default Setting Comment Text Type I Implicit (Logical) I (Implicit) V Visual Text Direction L Left to Right L (Left to Right) R Right to Left C Contextual Left to Right D Contentual Right to Left Symmetric Swapping Y Symmetric swapping in on Y (Yes) N Symmetric swapping is off Shaping S Text is shaped N (Not shaped) Applicable for Arabic scripts only N Text is not shaped I Initial shaping M Middle shaping F Final shaping B Isolated shaping Numeric Shaping H Hindi (National) N (Nominal) Applicable for Arabic scripts only C Contextual N Nominal
- Click OK to save the new BiDi profile.