Create a new Grouping Pattern wizard
Using the Create new Grouping Pattern wizard, you can create a grouping pattern of type Business Application, Access Collection, or Collection.
Depending on the specific details of the grouping pattern that you are creating, some or all of the following pages are displayed in the Create a new Grouping Pattern wizard:
- General Information
- Administrative Information
The General Information page contains some, or all, of the following information:
- Displays the name of the grouping pattern.
- Pattern type
- Displays the type of the grouping pattern.
- Compatibility type
- This option is enabled only if the
com.ibm.cdb.serviceinfrastructure.earlier.ver.compatibilityproperty is set to true. It displays the type into which the old grouping entity is converted. The compatibility type is based on a chosen Pattern type:
- Collection - only Collection compatibility type is available.
- Access Collection - only Access Collection compatibility type is available.
- Business Application - the following types are available:
- Business Application
- Business Service.
- Displays the schedule of the grouping pattern. If you created your own schedules, they are on the list.
- Displays the configuration of the grouping pattern. If you created your own configurations, they are on the list.
- Displays a description of the grouping pattern.
- Displays a URL associated with the grouping pattern.
The Selectors page contains some, or all, of the following information:
- Creates a rule. When you click New, the following information is available:
- Selector name
- Specifies a name for the new selector.
- Tier name
- Specifies the name of the tier. When you enter any name in this field, all the objects that are found by the selector are added to this tier. The tier name that you enter here has precedence over the tier names that are specified in the tier configuration.
- Description of the selector.
- Selection rule previews
- Displays the query that is used to select core CI and grouping name expression. When you click
Choose..., the following information is available:
- Selection type
- Defines the selection type. You can choose between the three types of selection, MQL query selection, SQL query selection and Instance-based selection.
- Defines the query which selects core CIs, or the elements that you selected manually as core CIs.
- Grouping Name Expression
- Defines the expression which generates collection identifier.
- Test sample size
- Defines the number of core CIs that are included in the test. This option is useful when your query finds many core CIs. By limiting the number of core CIs, the test does not take a long time to finish.
- Tests whether the chosen selection type and grouping name expression are valid.
- Deletes the selected selector.
- Creates a draft version of a selector. Disabled selectors are
not used by
BizAppsAgentin building custom collections.
- Data Traversal Template
- Defines how the selector traverses dependencies.
- The Use Depenedency Traversal Template option enables data traversal.
- The Higher Up and Lower Down options determine whether CIs connected upwards or downwards the dependency chain of the core CI are added to the generated custom collection.
- The Higher Down and Lower Up options determine whether CIs connected downwards or upwards the dependency chain of already added CIs are also added to the generated custom collection.
The Administrative Information page contains some, or all, of the following information:
- Admin contact
- Displays an administration contact for the grouping pattern.
- Escalation contact
- Displays an escalation contact for the grouping pattern.
- Tracking number
- Displays a tracking number for the grouping pattern.
- Displays site information for the grouping pattern.
- Group name
- Displays a group name for the grouping pattern.
- Displays notes for the grouping pattern.