Contacting IBM Support
IBM® Support provides assistance with product defects.
Before contacting IBM Support, your company must have an active IBM software maintenance contract, and you must be authorized to submit problems to IBM.
Complete the following steps to contact IBM Support with a problem:
- Define the problem, gather background information, and determine the severity of the problem. For help, see the Software Support Handbook, http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/handbook/home.html.
- Gather diagnostic information.
- Submit your problem to IBM Support
in one of the following ways:
- Using ISA to submit the problem through the Electronic Service Request (ESR) system, which generates a Problem Management Record (PMR) in the IBM RETAIN database. To log into the ESR from ISA, click Service, and click Log into ESR.
- Online: On the "Open service request" page
on the IBM Software Support
site at http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Open_service_request/Software/Software_support_(general).
Also see Sending information to IBM Support.
- By phone: For the phone number to call in your country, see the Software Support Handbook, http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/handbook/home.html.
If the problem you submit is for a software defect or for missing or inaccurate documentation, IBM Support creates an Authorized Program Analysis Report (APAR). The APAR describes the problem in detail. Whenever possible, IBM Support provides a workaround that you can implement until the APAR is resolved and a fix is delivered. IBM publishes resolved APARs on the IBM Support web site daily, so that other users who experience the same problem can benefit from the same resolution.