Configuring the sensor
Before running a discovery, you must configure the JBoss Application Server 7 sensor.
The JBoss Application Server 7 sensor has the following configuration options. If you want to change these options, create a custom sensor configuration. See the Creating discovery profiles topic.
- The default value of this property is true.
- If this property is set to true, the sensor
discovers all files with the
.xmlextension from the META-INF and WEB-INF directories of applications or modules that are deployed on JBoss. If this property is set to false, the
descriptorsToExtractproperty is used.
- This property specifies a space-separated list of files, which
are to be discovered for JBoss deployments when the
extractAllXmlDescriptorsproperty is set to false. For example,
META-INF/application.xml WEB-INF/web.xml. Wildcard characters are not allowed.
- The default value of this property is false.
- If this property is set to true and if
a deployment is a Java Platform Enterprise Edition application in
a form of an enterprise archive (EAR), the sensor discovers descriptors
from this deployment and its modules, for example from JAR or WAR
files. If this property is set to false, the
descriptors from the submodules of the deployment are not discovered.Note: To discover modules of an enterprise archive (EAR), its META-INF/application.xml must be extracted. It means that either the
extractAllXmlDescriptorsproperty must be set to true, or the value of the
descriptorsToExtractproperty must include
- The default value of this property is 'password'.
- This property specifies a space-separated list of XML tags. Any text content of these tags in files which are discovered is masked with asterisks.