Configuring the access list
This topic describes the access details that you require, depending on your configuration.
To configure the access list, enter the following information:
- For SNMP V1 and V2 discovery, complete the following steps:
- Select Network Element (SNMP) as the Component Type.
- Specify the correct Community String.
- For SNMP V3 discovery, complete the following steps:
- Select Network Element (SNMPV3) as the Component Type.
- Specify the correct user name, password, and authentication protocol, according to the SNMP V3
credential mapping information in the following table:
Map from this: To this: Authentication type (MD5, for example) Authentication Protocol MD5 Secret Key Password and Confirm Password Private Authentication Description or Key Private Password
- For TADDM to run a complete discovery, SNMP and Telnet must be enabled. You must configure Telnet access with a user name and password, and you must enable the password.