Configuring the discovery profile
To change the discovery level, update the discovery profile for the KVM sensor. You can disable the discovery of non-running guests to discover only those servers that are running.
- From the Discovery Management Console, click the Discovery Profiles icon.
- In the Discovery Profiles window, click New.
- In the Create New Profile window, type the profile name, description, and click OK.
- In the list of sensors, click KVMSensor, and click New.
- In the Create Configuration window, type the name and description for your configuration of the KVM sensor, and select the Enable Configuration check box.
- In the Configuration section of the Create Configuration window, to configure the sensor to discover only the servers that are running, click discoverNonRunningGuests. Then double-click the Value field in the row, and type false.
- Click OK to return to the Discovery Profiles window.
- In the Discovery Profiles window, click Save.