Configuring the discovery profile
By default, the VMware ESX computer system sensor is enabled for a Level 2 or Level 3 discovery. The sensor discovers only guest systems that are running. To discovery all guests, create a Level 2 or Level 3 discovery profile for the VMware ESX computer system sensor, and customize the sensor settings.
- In the Discovery drawer of the Discovery Management Console, click Discovery Profiles.
- In the Discovery Profiles window, click New.
- In the Create New Profile window, type the profile name and description. From the Clone existing profile list, select Level 2 Discovery, or Level 3 Discovery, and click OK.
- On the Sensor Configuration tab, select the VmwareComputerSystemSensor sensor.
- In the Create Configuration window, type the name and description for your configuration, and select the Enable Configuration check box.
- In the Configuration section of the Create Configuration window,
click discoverNonRunningGuests. Then double-click
the Value field in the row, and type
- Click OK to return to the Discovery Profiles window.
- In the Discovery Profiles window, click Save.